Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-18-2004, 12:37 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
I didn't go to the doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXVISOR19641964
Didn't really think anything about it until I started itching a few days later, went to my doctor and found out I got ringworm and boy does it look like a ring, the name fits
Quote:
my father and mother laughed when I mentioned doctor they were like we use to get this all the time as kids don't need no doctor just put some clear polish on it and it will dye
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXVISOR19641964
that's what a friends mother told me to use

Old 08-18-2004, 12:45 PM   #22

THANKS
Old 08-18-2004, 12:56 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would just like either the straight story or an explanation why you are giving the members here the runaround. You claimed the doctor agreed that you could have gotten it from your fish tank. With impressionable people reading the boards every day, this is how misinformation grows and spreads. If you have ringworm and you thought you got it from your fish tank, that's fine and understandable. We will help with information to help you better understand the condition and cure. But this road course story can get confusing for everyone.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:12 PM   #24

No run around here, boy you sound mad about something, my doctor happens to live a block over from me and I see my doctor waliing her dog as I walk mine also when I go in for treatment on other things, I did mention it to her sho also mentioned the same thing the other menbers did which is the stuff for jock itch or athlets foot
She is also an old school doctor that when i mentioned parents way of killing back in those days she also knew of this and said I could try it if not come in ,she is the one that told me it was ring worm after seeing it that it was no big deal ,as we talked and walked I was concerned that I of all people could get this as I am very clean and don't do any kind of out side lbr ,not that's its beneith me I just don't have to
My dog also is bathed every other day which is a mini poodle that was a giant 7 lbs
so now you have the whole story ,hope you feel better if not breath in breath out, wax on wax off
Old 08-18-2004, 01:17 PM   #25

Oh and buy the way all i did was answer your questions so if thats the run around then you must be involved as well since i'm now answer you questions
Old 08-18-2004, 01:19 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to liquidelusion
tinactin made my roomates ringworm go away in less than a week, i believe it was the spray kind.
1 bunch of some sort of crypts
2 powder blue gouramis
1 calico angel juvi
4 zebra danios
4 harlequin rasporas
4 fancy guppies (2 male - blue and red, and 2 female)
1 common pleco
--------------------------
2 juvenile unsexed Eublepharis macularius in a 20 long
liquidelusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:24 PM   #27

thanks for the info
Old 08-18-2004, 01:37 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks for the explanation, understand it is difficult to respond to statements that go back and forth...and that some people enjoy telling stories. Your lack of punctuation makes it difficult at times as well to understand your messages. Mind if I ask how old you are? I think it would help me understand your perspective.
HoopsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:40 PM   #29

I'm 45 and still ticking, blind half deaf and falling apart but still going
Old 08-18-2004, 02:01 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If you are blind, how do you mess around in a fish tank...and also notice that your fish are showing symptoms of ammonia/nitrate poisoning? And do you have another dog, such as a companion to get you around in addition to your toy poodle? Maybe you got the ringworm from it?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com