Well, found Jacque dead in the tank this morning. Great.
1. How long have you had the fish? Do you know if it was wild caught, or tank raised?
One week - don't know if it was tank raised or wild caught.
2. How long has the fish been in the tank? What are the tank mates? Any aggression?
One week (don't have a QT tank). Mates are a lil' nemo, dottyback, green chromie, emerald crab and arrow crab (just added), and various snails.
3. Is the fish eating? If so what does it eat?
Was eating some of the flake food.
4. What are the water parameters? pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, SPG? (actual numbers please: posting high, average or normal is not helpful) What saltwater test kit are you using?
pH: 8.2; ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are all 0. Phosphate is at 0.25. Temp is 76.
5. Is the fish showing any physical signs of disease, grain of salt size spots, discoloration, ragged fins, misting or spots on the fins, cuts, cloudy eyes, etc?
He looked fine, just molded on Friday.
6. Is the fish "flashing" (scratching or rubbing on rocks, decorations or substrate)?
No. Though I did see that he was sitting on the substrate last night instead of sitting on the rocks.
7. How is the fish acting? Is it swimming around, or just hovering in one spot or corner of the tank?
I did notice that he wasn't as busy cleaning himself and the tank yesterday afternoon, but figured it was normal behavior after they molt.
8. Did you use quarantine? If so for how long and did you have a need to treat for any ailments? Is it in qt now? Are you currently treating with any medication(s)?
9. Describe in detail how the fish was acclimated.
Drip acclimation over 1.5 hour.
10. What size system? What type of filtration do you use? Do you have any live rock or sand?
28 gallon w/LR
. Cascade 500 canister filtration.
11. Do you use any additives? Have you used any sort of meds in the main tank?
Just added weekly dose of Marine Stabilizer and Reef Accelerator yesterday.
None of the fish or crabs were harassing it and it was unblemished (nobody bit it).