Road to Recovery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arsenalkt

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my tanks just getting over an ich outbreak and everyone (thats left) is doing great. Puffer is moving around and muchhh happier. There are only a few small white specs on his fins and I was wondering if these could be "scars" which someone mentioned to me or if it most likely the few remaining survivors of the parasite?

My guess would be that it still has Ich. Not sure how you treated, or for how long, but a lot of people see the white spots disappear and stop treating because they believe their fish are cured,. What really happened was the Ich had only dropped off (as part of its normal life cycle) and has since multiplied and come back for another round. If its not treated properly, the Ich survives. It can even be present with fish showing no symptoms and pounce on future additions.

I've always heard that you should go four weeks after the last visible spots disappear. Have these been there all along? It could be something else, I suppose.

I have heard of people not going low enough with hypo (due to not using a refractometer for accurate readings) and Ich coming back, even when they did the fallow DT.

Back
Top Bottom