Rose anemone sucked in filter?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefmaster

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey, the last time i checked on my rose anemone it was on a rock attached at the top of the aquarium, fine. That was when i left to go to my dads house (on friday night) and i came home right now and my rose anemone was almost 2/3 stuck in the filter intake pipe. I dont kno how he could have becasue barley anything can fit through it and algea was covering it mostly. I turned off the filter to stop the intake to see if he could mabye crawl out. His foot was attached on a rock with next to it. I cant untagle him without damaging him further. Any advice? I havnt had many success storys with anemones sadly. my clown has gone through 2. i Might just go to fowlr even tho i dont have any coral.....anymore. Any suggestions on if he will live or if i should do a water change (ect.)

Can't say rather he'll make it or not. You'd may be shocked at what they can live through. It will depend on the damage though. Any way you can remove the intake tube and place it in a QT tank to see if it comes out or not?

Mine got sucked into the prefilter on a PH. I thought it was a goner. That was several months ago. It's still doing fine. I have foam covers over all my PH intakes now. So there is certainly a chance it could be ok.

He seems damaged

Well, i checked in the tank, its 10:30 at night and he has moved out and he is damaged, but hes movin, so thats a good sign. Ill just have to see what awaits in the mornin. Ill have to see how severe the event was.

I would suggest a nice water change and do extra ones to keep the water pristine til the anemone heals. They are pretty resilient critters but that will also depend on their enviroment. Good luck, I hope it pulls through. Don't give up.

woot

Well, my anemone seems fine, he is just alot smaller, lol. He is still kinda near the filter so im not gunna turn it on just yet. His tenticals are all out, well the ones that he has left. He seems to be recovering. :D

Back
Top Bottom