Rose bubble tip problem???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok sumphead and i purchased rose BTA's about 3 weeks ago. I placed mine in the tank and it stayed right were i placed it. Looked very happy and eating very well. Today when i got home form work he had moved to a different rock. Now he looks like crap. Is this from him moving? Also on each tenticle half of it is inflated and the other falf is completley deflated. I also found two little pieces of tenticle in the tank bottom. What is going on. IS he dying? Should i remove him from the tank? Or should i give it a couple days. I mean what exactly does it look like when they are dying? My other BTA is like he always is. VERY healthy. Al water pereamters great. Any help would be great.

They will look bad when they are splitting, this can sometimes be sped up by change, like moving from one tank to yours. Or it could be that is has moved to a place it doesn't like.

So what should i do? Is there a reason why he moved? I mean he was in plenty of light. SHould i leave him for a few days. I just don't want him dying an fouling the water. Reason why there are little pieces of tenticles on the bottom. Also i noticed that his mouth is open a little bit. It has been shut tightly like they are supposed to be but today it is swollen a little and slightly open.

Could be it was attacked by a crab or some such, really there is no way to tell without observing it's behavior. I missed the part about the tentacles before, keep a close eye and see if anything is bothering it.

Back
Top Bottom