royal gramma...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

panza

Aquarium Advice Freak
it seems that royal gramma get ich the most is it true? cause mine got sick and almost 75% of articles/forums i read on ich are about royal grammas. is it something ni there genotype or something? just curious :)

Nope, I'd say tangs and surgeonfish are more susceptible and probably from a weaker immune system and lower toleration for stress than other fish. Most lfs' have a flow-through filtration system which almost guarantees all fish are sharing each others bacterial or parasite problems and any heavily stocked fish, such as a royal gramma, are bound to show signs consistently.

Just a theory... but I think you just read about it more because royal grammas seem to be fish that most beginners get early on... before they realize the need to quarantine, and before they can spot a sick fish in a fish shop. So unfortunately, they become "practice fish" for a lot of folks.

Well my Royal Gramma died recently after an Ich outbreak, and my Clown made it through in good health. I think I was just one more with bad luck, but truly I was a beginner when I got it and knew nothing of QT/inspecting the fish for sickness.

yeah the same kinda thing happend to me my royal gramma died of ich but my scooter blenny made it out fine. now i just added a damsel hoping **** do ok cause i think the ich went out of the tank not sure though

My Royal Gramma has major ich and has affected my clown as well. Couldn't catch it to treat it. My clown seems to be more resistant. I won't be getting another (similar)fish anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom