royal gramma dying please help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattt6511

Aquarium Advice Activist
i bought a royal gramma today from my lfs, when i put the bag in the tank he was floating to one side i thought he was dead i moved the bag and he swimed around a little and looked better i put him in my tank and he swam to the bottom now hes lying under one of the rocks moving slightly what do i do??? thanks, ps all my water parameters are good.

First I would contact the LFS and let them know that the fish did not do well in transit. Please list all water parameters and acclimation proceedure. Normally, I would advocate removing the fish to QT, however, you do not want to stress it out any more then it already is. Unless there are any visible signs of infection, disease or parasitic infestation just watch it. Keep the lights off for a day or so and do not feed the tank.

I just got a royal gramma as well and it did almost the exact same thing. Kind of floated around the tank, upside down, hung out on the bottom. It took him 24 hours with the lights off and just leaving it alone and then he came around and is doing great. I would give him time like lando said, and see how hes doing.

After moving my tank into my home (Was bought and moved by me from someone local), the gramma completely crashed. He was at the bottom laying against a rock. I went lights out for the rest of the night and next day. The next day he was hiding in his now 'favorite' spot and after a couple more days recovered fully. He's been happy (and grumpy) ever since.

Back
Top Bottom