Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-30-2005, 10:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
royal gramma dying please help!!!

i bought a royal gramma today from my lfs, when i put the bag in the tank he was floating to one side i thought he was dead i moved the bag and he swimed around a little and looked better i put him in my tank and he swam to the bottom now hes lying under one of the rocks moving slightly what do i do??? thanks, ps all my water parameters are good.

29 gallon saltwater "reef tank", 10 lbs crushed coral, 40 lbs aruglive sand, two percula clowns, one firefish,cleaner shrimp, blue legg hermits, 25 pounds fiji live rock, penguin 350 biowheel filter, prism delux hang on protien skimmer, maxijet 1200 powerhead, 125watt ebo jager heater, regular floresent lamp.
mattt6511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:35 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
First I would contact the LFS and let them know that the fish did not do well in transit. Please list all water parameters and acclimation proceedure. Normally, I would advocate removing the fish to QT, however, you do not want to stress it out any more then it already is. Unless there are any visible signs of infection, disease or parasitic infestation just watch it. Keep the lights off for a day or so and do not feed the tank.

Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:11 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a royal gramma as well and it did almost the exact same thing. Kind of floated around the tank, upside down, hung out on the bottom. It took him 24 hours with the lights off and just leaving it alone and then he came around and is doing great. I would give him time like lando said, and see how hes doing.
scubasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:30 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
Mine did the same thing,It took mine almost two days before he looked ok and was eating...
reefbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
After moving my tank into my home (Was bought and moved by me from someone local), the gramma completely crashed. He was at the bottom laying against a rock. I went lights out for the rest of the night and next day. The next day he was hiding in his now 'favorite' spot and after a couple more days recovered fully. He's been happy (and grumpy) ever since.
To fail to plan is to plan to fail.
MarineFlake is offline   Reply With Quote

dyi, dying, royal, royal gramma

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com