Sad clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianeww

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Sad clown fish, but let me give you the story:

Hi eveyone, it's been a LONG time since I posted anything. My tank is ending up to be a FOWLR, though I tried corals for a while and didn't catch the bug. But wait, I have lots of inverts, does that change my category?????

Anyway, Ten days ago I introduced a new clownfish to one who had lost his partner about 6 weeks ago.

Side note: I have a black sail finned mollie in my salt tank, and when the clown died, the remaining clown and the black mollie became swimming mates. (!!!!) The clown moved out of the anemome which it had shared with the dead clown, and has spent its time with the mollie, which I presume would be killed by the anemone.

OK:

Ten days ago I put a new clown (much smaller than my remaining clown) in the tank (no quarantine) and he took up swimming with the clown and the mollie! They have been a trio (without the anemone) until today. Now the new clown is mostly swimming off by himself, and he seems to have a cloudy film of some kind over his body.

I knew you'd ask:

As of Right Now: (I just checked)

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
ph 8.2
temp 80.4
sg 1.025

No, I have no pictures because I currently have no camera :( .

Thanks for any input.....
Diane

Look at the 2nd thread titled "Saltwater Disease Treatment" under this section posted by the moderator for specific fish diseases based on the fishes symptoms and possible cures.

I just really quickly set up my 10 gal QT. Used water from my main, all it has is a heater and one PH, and the clown is in there. Unfortunately in one hour I'm heading out of town for two days. I hope I can have my husband find the proper medication and get it in there for him.

Thanks! This morning it does look like that marine velvet. Should the still healthy-looking fishes be treated too?

Back
Top Bottom