Sailfin Tang has a sore and larger than ich white spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jr9820

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I have a sailfin tang that had a perfectly circular sore a few months ago that healed on it's own. Now in the same spot it came back but is worse. Larger than ich white spots have developed. They litterally pertrude off of her body and mainly on the same side as the sore. Please help me with this. It's a 150 fish only that is in hypo for 2 months so my skimmer is pointless right now.
PH is 8.2
Nitrates are 80 and above
See picture included. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Sailfin Tang.jpg
    Sailfin Tang.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 344
Looks like lymphocytosis to me. Check into in a see if it's a match. It's usually caused by bad water conditions ie high nitrates like you have. It's a virus and there is no cure you just have to maintain perfect water conditions and ride it out for the month or so it lasts. And watch for secondary infections.

Thanks I do believe you are right. Is there a dip that I can use to bath the sailfin versus a QT? Or something that will treat the entire tank?

Nope like I said their is no cure . You need to keep the water as close to zero nitrates as possible for this to go away.it lasts about a month

Back
Top Bottom