sailfin tang with white spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lyds

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have a 55 gallon tang with sailfin tang, lunar wrasse, 2 clowns, coral banded shrimp, zooantifs and clam
My sailfin tang has had spots on him since I got him about a month ago and a couple of big spots sticking out from him fish store said could be a bacteria or fungus so I've been feeding him pellets soaked in tetracycline the white spots are still on his fins I don't know if it's ick and how I can get rid of it i've tried giving him freshwater dips and it's not helping
I added the two clowns yesterday and today I noticed the big clown is getting some spots I don't know what to do
This has happened before with a yellow tang and a clown I had and they both died

My sailfin had got a few small white spots a while back. I just feed him sea weed that was dipped in garlic medicine and a few days of that got him all better. You should be able to get it at your LFS. O yea I still feed my Tangs the garlic dipped sea weed just to be safe they both have been healthy since I got them.

Doesn't matter. The ich parasite is still in your tank, and is still in your fish. All the garlic does is boost the fishes immune system, and allows it to keep fighting the cryptocaryon parasite. If you stop feeding your Tangs/fish that garlic soaked food, i bet your tank will go south very quickly. Unfortunately.. :(

Back
Top Bottom