Salifin tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whitegurl84

Aquarium Advice Regular
My salifin tang has red around his pectoral fins, I noticed it the other day but it is slowly getting worse. what could this be ? Is it a fungus or a bacterial infection?

I believe it is a bacterial infection, my yellow tang had it. Solution is give it algae sheets every day dipped in garlic and he will fight it off in a week or so

Whitegurl84 said:
My salifin tang has red around his pectoral fins, I noticed it the other day but it is slowly getting worse. what could this be ? Is it a fungus or a bacterial infection?

What is this tank, 60 gallons?

Its 56g I know he will eventually get to big for it but for now he's ok. When he gets to big I will sell him.

Whitegurl84 said:
Its 56g I know he will eventually get to big for it but for now he's ok. When he gets to big I will sell him.

Not a good idea, but i wont give you grief about it..sooo

What are the perimeters?
Temp?
Tankmates?
How long has the tank been set up?
When did you get him?
Was he quarentined?
Do you have a quarentine to move him too?

Ph-8.4
A-.25
Rite-0
Rate-20 having trouble getting down may try the vodka treatment
Temp- 86 per lfs because of scratching really helped

2-true preculas
Small hippo tang
Flame angel
Mandarin goby
Copper banded butterfly
Boxfish
10 red leg hermits
Peppermint shrimp
I know there may be to much in there now but I plan on getting another tank and splitting them up between the two. I will get rid of the hippo tang once it get bigger too. They have all been in there for four months haven't had any problems. I currently don't have a QT.
I looked on the page suggested above I believe it is an internal bacteria infection. I think im going to treat them with melafix.

Do not qt him, this will only bring on stress and en up killing him. Trust me it is better to let him fight it off by him self. Just keep good water parameters and feed him every day. Good nutrition allows for good immune systems. Make sure you get high end algae. Also temp is a little high you want it around 78 to 82 and stable not 86. I would only keep it that high if you are treating for ich. I don't know what your lfs was trying to tell you.

I try to feed them algae about every other day but I guess I can give it to them every day for awhile. I feed them frozen food every day but only add garlic to it every other day. Should I do it every day? And should I buy the other vitamins to add to the food since I feed them frozen?

Because the problem I'm having doesn't have to do with his size. And there's no need for u to be a smart ***, I see u post rude stuff all the time on people's post . Try just answering there questions!

Whitegurl84 said:
Because the problem I'm having doesn't have to do with his size. And there's no need for u to be a smart ***, I see u post rude stuff all the time on people's post . Try just answering there questions!

Well tech it can deal with the tank size, you have 3 fish that do not belong in a 55 gall. Hence the scratching. That is a sign of ich. Stress can be a a huge factor for disease.

he started scratching three months ago and ever since I turned it up then he has not done it, the lfs said hippo tangs will do that's sometimes. I have never see any sign of ich even when he was scratching.

Back
Top Bottom