Sally lightfoot falling apart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently purchased a sally lightfoot crab. Immediately I noticed it is missing a leg. I've heard this can happen and eventually it may grow it back but would take some time. However, tonight I noticed it seemed to have "lost" its left claw. Its sitting there resting on my sand bed and sure enough, there isnt a replacement on the crab itself so its not a molt. Its still very active and eating telly well. What may be causing this? My tank is fully cycled and reads ∅ across the board. Salinity is at 1.025. I also have in the tank: 2 occelaris clowns, a single blue damsel and a coral beauty angel. None of Wichita seem to show any violence at all. I also have 3 blue leg hermits, 6 or 7 nassarius snails, 3 margarita snails and a single blood red fire shrimp. Oh, and a decorator crab and a Hawaiian feather duster. Is there any chance anything in my tank is causing this? Nothing in my tank showes violence to one another. My tank is a 55 with a 25 gal sump/refugium with a protein skimmer. The temperature is currently at 79° and has little variation. Any help would be great. I'd really hate to see the crab lose any other body parts because if it continues, it may no longer be able to eat or walk.

im not sure i have sally lightfoot crabs and when i first purchased them they lost a leg or 2 they started to grow back and upon malting the legs were fully back keep an on it and it may have shed the limbs due to stress and they should grow back

Back
Top Bottom