Saving a sea urchin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what I've heard, I want it to grow, I hear that urchins love to eat it. If I notice it growing too much I'll pull it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's what I've heard, I want it to grow, I hear that urchins love to eat it. If I notice it growing too much I'll pull it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mine would have that eaten in two weeks. A couple nights ago I had to retrieve a frag that flipped behind all the rocks and after putting things back i hadn't noticed one of my Black Codium plants got away from it's protected corner (so the hungry, hungry hippo, I mean Urchin can't get it). But the Urchin sure noticed it and after a couple hours I was heading to bed and he was braced between a rock and the glass with his mouth in mid water munching on a "tree" of Codium from the "trunk" looking like it was a tree straw. I was about to take it away but decided to just let him have it. By morning what was about a 3.5" tree, size of an orange/ ball now is a like a branch on his back.

I have to find someone with a Fern Caulerpa problem to be my friend, lol. My Urchin is a monster eater!

I am so glad you saved yours, at least now he will have a pretty good life for an Urchin.

Good luck with that urchin!!! If i get my hands on that teacher...

Back
Top Bottom