saving panther grouper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scuba_steve

Aquarium Advice Addict
went to 1 of my lfs (petland/naperville) and they had a large 10" grouper on sale to $10 so was like why not right so get someone to help me get em' and the kid come up with a bag that would mabe hold a medium tang ! im like your not putting him in that bag you have to have a shipping box or bucket!! so he goes to a manager at the front of the store were my girl friend was waiting upset due to another fish purchase heheh :) and over hears the manager say laughing dont they know that the grouper is gonna die lolol (mind you he does has a case of ick) so the manager comes back with a bigger bag and tries to with his hands scare the fish into the bag while he leaves the big net laying on top of the tank !! after a min or 2 im like why dont u use the net for christ sakes he getting beat up the way your trying to do this !! and he looks at me saying ive done this 100x !! and im like yea looks like it !! my girl friend see's how bad he was handling this guy and asks me if i really do want it and i said yea he be better at our house than here for sure !! and the manager turns around and says what did you just say !! im like ya heard me !! use the net so i can get out of here !! he replys i dont want him to get stuck in it !! lol well after i asked him how do ya catch the yellow tang that was with him?? his spines are worse ?!?!? so he catches the grouper with the net in less than 10 sec and bags him i pay and confront him on his laughing comment about the fish dieing and if he thought that isnt it bad business to sell it in the first place and 2 for $10 its worth it to me to try to save it life ! after 10 after i dropped him into the qt he was swimmimg and eating just fine ! just irritated about the whole thang and had to vent to people who just might understand and or appreciate life !!

Saving distrought fish is a weakness of mine too! :lol: I can't stand to go into a nasty store and see a fish in a tank with something picking on it or it is sick, so I think I have to be a hero! Either way, I feel better after I save a little buddy. The last one I saved was a Tomato Clown who had no fins left, but sadly, he died after about two weeks. But I am sure that his last two weeks were more pleasant with me than being chased by a lionfish!

right they had a large puffer that was missing one eye and one fin i wanted as well but one at a time for me

this grouper will make it if not he'll be laying at the back of one of their shelf's rotting heheheh j/k

thanks for asking hes doing great eats like a horse of course and few more weeks should be good for the general population :) very cool fish

Back
Top Bottom