Scary Cyano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

militaryminded1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been dealing with Cyanobacteria for a couple of weeks now I use ro/di water from my lfs, I cut back my light hours from 12 to 8 hours I don't feed the tank much food I feed the fish every other day. My parameters are excellent I took a sample to the lfs.i just can't seem to find the problem any advice is good advice.

Attachments

• image-1186683922.jpg
    image-1186683922.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 72
  • image-2692060356.jpg
    image-2692060356.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3108495490.jpg
    image-3108495490.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 79
  • image-2130104518.jpg
    image-2130104518.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 67
Might have phosphates or even nitrates..just not showing up because the cyano is using them...whats your water change schedule? Maybe try getting GFO media in a bag, or a phosban reactor for more efficiency.

I use 2 bags of chemi pure in the bottom of my sump. I am really considering getting a phosphate reactor. The lfs told me not to change my water only top it off they said the fish n coral like it much better. I haven't done a water change in over a month.

There is the problem. You need to do a 10% water change every week to keep things in check. What your lfs told you is basically like telling you not to flush your toilet and to also use it as a water fountain.

Sniperhank said:
There is the problem. You need to do a 10% water change every week to keep things in check. What your lfs told you is basically like telling you not to flush your toilet and to also use it as a water fountain.

To OP: Sorry about your cyano problem- that sucks.
To Sniperhank: lmao!! That is a hilarious analogy!! :)

I used a phosphate bag and my cyano was gone in a week. But the funny thing is that my clown was trying to host it.

Back
Top Bottom