Scoly affected by algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian Burke

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am a new member with a problem: My very nice Golden Scoly is being affected by Algae which is attaching to about 30 per cent of the permiter of the scoly, I have cleaned the algae off several times but it regrows and the scoly appears to resent the process. Can anyone advise, Please?

Thanks. Phosphates and Nitrates are low (tested twice weekly) and I have 15 other bigger and smaller scolys that are unaffected. There is no general Algae problem in the tank which is 350 gallons. The golden scoly was fine, plump and unaffected for 6 months then it began to be impacted along the perimeter. The balance of the scoly looks Ok but not terrific.

Thanks. That is very useful information. I've printed it off. The algae is hair algae and I have been cleaning the edge of the scoly with a toothbrush to remove it but the scoly appears to resent my doing that. I have now moved the scoly (for the 5th time) to another location in the tank hoping that will reduce the algae growth.

Back
Top Bottom