Scooter Blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitchell0605

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I'm not sure if he's sick or not but he seems to have a slightly sunken belly. Can someone please tell me where you should look on the Blenny and what the indicators are cause I dunno if I'm looking at the right place. Tanks guys. :)

They are sand sifters, they look for food that way.. Lots of people who have them find success making their own frozen food. When you make your own there are always lots of little fine particles that make it to the bottom. You might want to try getting some fish/shrimp/clam/etc, grind it up and freeze it in a sheet. During feeding break off small bits, thaw in tank water and dump in (pumps off). That's how I feed except with different size chunks in the mix.

Thanks Capt. That sounds good. I placed some brine shrimp on the sand and he gobbled away at it but seemed to have trouble with the size of it.

I have had 2 scooter blennies and had the same problem. I tried frozen food and live brine shrimp and never had any luck. If you can get yours to survive for more then a few months please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom