Sea Hair and Snail deaths :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronH

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have just lost my sea hair and cannot understand why. there is plenty off food in there for him and no predators and my levels are fine. i recently lost a snail a week before. anyone got any ideas of whats going on ?

sea hares are not easy to keep. the slightest change in parameters can kill them. what food are you referring to? they only eat certain types of algae.

i dont really know what type of algee it is i have had him for a while and i always warm my water before changeing so i dont think that it is temperature or my starfish may have suffered aswell lool. i think he may have starved thoe because i try n keep front n two sides of my tank clean so the snails n sea hair concentrate on the back wall and the rock but i have stoped cleaning the front of my tank for about 2 weeks now and it is still clean however there is a brown/dark green algee on the back of my tank. and red spots in my sand which i have no clue what they are, i picked one up and it was like a holow shell and crumbled in my fingers. i have no clue what it is doe.

i haven't heard of sea hares eating the flat growing algae that grows on the glass. all the ones that i have seen/heard of have only eaten hair algae. chances are it starved to death.

He used to always be eating of my glass though maby he was just eating the good stuff and i ddnt no it. However i put seaweed in there for my tangs n he had a go at that.

rolling across the glass with his mouth open and actually consuming something are 2 different things.

true that but to actually roll his mouth acroos the glass n leave it clean it afterwards is completley diffrent :D

Back
Top Bottom