Sea Hares back decomposing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
My sea hare laid eggs twice this week and yesterday her back was white and it looked like dead tissue all over. She was acting weird. Today she won't stay upright and her head it facing up. I took her out and she's in a pitcher. Any ideas what would make her look like that?

Really hard to see cuz she's in a pitcher now, but her back is all ripped open. :( I feel awful.

Attachments

• image-497363837.jpg
    image-497363837.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 99
Oh, wow. That looks bad. :( what else is in the tank with her? Is it possible something is picking at her? They're kinda slowish and defenseless as far as I know, so she would be easy pickings for anything aggressive.

She's already passed which is what I figured would happen. So unfortunately no more pics. I have tiny hermits and a shrimp, clowns, scooter blenny, pj cardinal and a black bar foxface. Nothing aggressive. I had been keeping one PH off cuz she was always in the corner with it. I read that sometimes shrimp pick at the poop that constantly comes out but that just looked like someone really had a feast. It's sad. I thought she was pretty cool. :(

Back
Top Bottom