Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular
sea slug health query

Thanks so much for the previous two postings - it's great to be part of such a helpful community! I did find a post on the sea slug forum regarding feeding which suggested that they eat bryopsis (which I had heard), chaetomorpha and caulerpa as a last resort. There was an algae pack advertised on ebay comprising the last two sorts but I thought there were differing views on whether caulerpa is a nuisance algae. Also, I thought a multipack might look a bit overpowering in a 60 litre biorb!! The reason I posted the question here is because I had already looked through the sea slug forum and initially didn't find any answers. When I have got my slug on a suitable food I will post a reply, but as you say roka, it's hard to tell whether he is actually eating what he is attached to! I did notice that he found a small amount of hair algae on a leaf but he didn't seem to have eaten any and promptly fell off - this is quite a regular occasion in my tank with the sea slug
Marine inhabitants never cease to amaze me. My cleaner shrimp got into a bit of a fight with a large aiptasia today, I think they were competing for a brine shrimp. The shrimp pulled away sharply and proceeded to feed on a dried mosquito which happened to fall into the tank. Urgghh. Yesterday, he tried to eat a whole food pellet, clutching it with all his might, even though he couldn't fit it in his mouth!! He really is a character, even tries to nibble my hand when I am rearranging the tank. I'm interested to know what happened to your sea slug, roka. How long did he live, what killed him? Thanks again - will keep you posted, pardon the pun!

bumblebee1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular
Oops, I just realised you never actually got a sea slug. Sorry, I misread. I wasn't intending on getting one, but saw it at my lfs and they advised it would just graze on general algae and was easy to keep. The other one they had was a quasi modo sea slug, but I preferred the look of this one. I normally like to research before buying but I broke the rules...this time.

bumblebee1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Dentists Midland Texas

i these sea slegs should be taken into the account

indyainfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic
That almost needs to be on Engrish.com...

gzeiger is offline   Reply With Quote

sea, slug

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com