Seahorses- Move back or Keep in the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sammy S

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've worked with seahorses for a while now and they are enjoyable. Poseidon (the seahorse in my avatar) had battled Ulcerative Dermatitis when he first came to my tank and lived. After he healed through the medicine administered my teacher and I moved him to her tank to help her seahorse cope with the loss of her friend.....but the dermatitis returned. Is this due to stress? Should he be returned to the original tank?

2nd Question: He is changing color and is fully white now, where he is normally a dark brown....is this a sign of mood changes? Does he miss his old tank mates?

If he was with tank mates move him back. Just get your friend/teacher a NEW seahorse. Move him back to his tank and do what you did before.

Thank you; we moved him back to the tank and continue to treat with Furan 2 and the spot is beginning to fade once more....I think he missed the others

Good. I hope he gets completely better. Just get the other horse a new mate. Gl with everything.

Back
Top Bottom