Sebae anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's normal. It's just trying to find a spot It likes. Don't be surprised if it moves again they can be pretty picky when it comes to where they anchor

I`ve seen them before come off the rock and attach themselves to the corners of the tank. They will move till they find a spot that is ideal to them. Good Luck with them.

Yea, I've seen that with other anemones, they just never did it like this, he's been in the same spot now since yesterday

Attachments

• image-4264755224.jpg
    image-4264755224.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 108
  • image-1150288934.jpg
    image-1150288934.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 109
My sebae's not attaching to my lr? Looks like he's really healthy, so any advice?
Sorry, but that is not a healthy sebae. It's very bleached. It should not be white. What kind of lighting do you have and how long has the tank been running?

This is what a healthy sebae should look like.
sebae_11-09.jpg

Are you sure? Cause that's exactly what it looked like when I bought, which is why I bought it, are you sure the pic you put up isn't a different type?

A good question is what size tank is he in and what lights are you running? Most nems arent supposed to be pure white, it's generally a sign of something being off.

You definitely have an issue with light. The nem will for sure keep moving around and looking for more light. Not to mention the tank is way small. :-(

I hope he lasts long enough for your light to arrive. What did you order? A 4 bulb light I hope.....

Are you sure? Cause that's exactly what it looked like when I bought, which is why I bought it, are you sure the pic you put up isn't a different type?
My condy nem was bright white when I bought it after about a week in my tank it turned a light tan

But the color is the same as when I bought it-reason for buying it lol

My nem was also pure white when I got him but he got kinda beige after awhile, which wasnt very attractive but it meant it was healthy. Most of the nems I see at the LFS's are white as well, but keep in mind lfs dont have the nems for a very long period of time as they come in and then sell them off.

I promise you the 30watt bulb isnt enough. really. :-D

I know, I ordered my light over 2 weeks ago and she said it would be there in a couple days, and he won't give me a refund so I just have to wait, but he's not pure white unless I have my blue and white LEDs turned on

What kind of light did you order though? A 2 bulb or 4 bulb? Is it a t5 or leds or what? Knowing that we can advise you of your next step in the best interest of the nem.

I had a condy nem for like 2 months and eventually returned it as it was taking over a third of my 29g tank. lol Plus the stress of knowing how hard they are to keep and that they can actually eat fish, AND my clowns didnt even go near it made my decision to return it easy.

i also had a 4 bulb t5 setup over it whichis why it changed color to a beige. Which tobe hoenst I didnt like much. lol But I didn;t know at the time about them not supposing to be white.

Hmm not sure of the specs off hand with those but they might do the trick. :)

Anyway you can get more light into the tank before your leds come in? Do you have an extra light hood, even from freshwater, anything would help. You for sure don't want it to die in there, they are toxic at death. Plus if he keeps moving around he could get caught up in a powerhead or filter.

I;d keep a very close eye on him. Since your lfs is the one holding you up with the new lights maybe he can keep the nem until they come in. Just another option.

Honestly, I don't want anything to do with that place but get my light, and he seems to be doing alright besides not attaching, I think something might be wrong with his foot cause he's on the rock sideways and attaching with his tentacles and and a hermit crab died underneath him so maybe it messed his foot up?

And Im planning on getting another one of those lights(from a different lfs of course) just waiting to get this one to choose the light pattern on it

Back
Top Bottom