Sentinel for red bugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
So today I'm dosing my tank with sentinel to rid myself of red bugs forever! Using 1/5 of a capsule dissolved in tank water and letting it run for 12 hours. I cannot unfortunately get my cleaner shrimp out so I'm hoping he makes it through. Wish me luck

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A bunch of them are encrusted on my rocks...:(

It's a bunch of rocks. I'd have to kinda tear the tank apart...I hate just throwing chemicals into a reef tank but everywhere I've researched it has said it's safe for in tank treatment.

Well, I hope it works out. Sounds like next build will be a coral QT tank?

At some point yes! Acropora pests suck a lot...just glad it wasn't acro eating flatworms.

I want to put a wrasse in my tank that'll consume pests...specifically vermetid snails...but don't want it to come at the cost of my dusters and coco worm.

Yeah I know how you feel. I doubt a wrasse would go after the worm though. Have you tried a sixline? When I had one he left all my little dusters alone.
I feel especially with sps like montis and acros a coral quarantine system isn't actually a terrible idea.

I didn't have one in the 55. Neat fish though. Just don't want anything screwing with my coco worm...and putting something in to eat things that live in a tube just worries me.
But it is the basic idea that I want to use on a future qt tank for coral. A wrasse for pests and lots of egg crate.

Fair enough. That sounds like a good qt idea. Easy to see pests and good control with the wrasse.

A camera with a macro lens also helps out, especially with how small red bugs can be. Makes it real easy to see them. Have the dslr, just no macro lens.

Yep a lot of sps pests are tiny.

Treatment complete. Lost 2 hermits but Jacque the cleaner shrimp survived! Blue voodoo is looking a bit happier already. We will see if its polyp extension is back tomorrow :)

Back
Top Bottom