Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-08-2004, 10:36 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Shell stuck in Naso Tang's mouth

My Naso tang has something stuck in its mouth. It looks like a tubular shell fragment. Maybe from a feather worm. It seems like it is wedged in it's teeth. It ate alright last night. I thought it would just rub on a rock to dislodge it, but its still there today. Anybody have any suggestions? TIA.

David

Old 04-08-2004, 11:31 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you have to help it get it out...and only if you have to...dip him out, lay a wet towel over it and pull the shell out with tweazers.

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
SquishyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:38 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks squishy. Have you ever had to do this before? Do you agree that as long as it is eating I should just wait?
Old 04-08-2004, 04:41 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have helped lance infected eye on a Volitan Lion. Its eye was swollen really badly, so after trying to treat it, we dipped it out, layed it on a towel...covered it with another wet towel, and lanced it. It only took a small incision to the infection to come out. After that it was fine.

I would watch it over the next day or so. If it cant get it out of its mouth, I would consider removing it. But...this should be the last resort. Its going to be some what traumatic on the fish.

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
SquishyFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mouth, naso, stuck, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com