Sick anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaysie84

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Don't really know much about anemones I recently purchased a magnifica and it's white with purple tip I have just found out that it is bleached. The tenticals are shriveled up and it doesn't look the same as when I brought it. I'm pretty sure it is dying. I have a maroon clownfish that is hosting it at the moment, if the anemone is dying will it affect the clownfiah

Kaysie84 said:
Here is a oil if when I brought it

It is quite bleached. That nem needs some high lighting ASAP!!! Don't try to feed it much at first, they use a lot of energy digesting. If its mouth isn't gaping open, then you have some time. Put it at the top of the tank near the light. What kind of lights do you have? I'm really hoping its good lighting. If there is any zooxanthellea left, they can multiply and bring the color and health back, but it's gonna take time and really good lighting. Good luck!

Yeah it's terrible I can't believe they sold it like that. It's mouth is completely open I dont think it has long to go. I have led lights but I think that it is just to far gone

I've heard that some peor have had luck bringing them back. The open mouth is not a good sign, but don't take him out until you're sure it's dead. It'll start to spit out its stomach when it's dying.

My anemone didn't last long it died the other day. I brought another one the guy at the fish shop said that it's a sand sifting one does anyone know any info about them.. Here's a picture

Attachments

• image-2170358537.jpg
    image-2170358537.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 127
Back
Top Bottom