sick anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leesanhua

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a sabae anemone. it string and the center of the mouth has opened so big. is it dying?
how can i help it?

If there is stringy stuff coming from it, it could be just expelling waste. This is very common. But before I sat this is ok, please tell me your tank parimeters?

Ammonia?
Nitrite?
Nitrate?
Ph?
What type of lights do you have?
How long has the tank been set up?
What size is your tank?

Sorry for all the questions, but we need to know. :wink:

ammonia = 0
nitrite = 0
nitrate= 0
PH= 8.3
light =pc 36 watt X 2
set up= 6 months
15 gal

Your tank is a little young, and kinda small for an anemone but your levels look great. Can you post a pic?

here is the pic.
let me know more about it. is it dying? i hope it's really expelling waste.
if it's expelling waste, how long does it takes?

Attachments

• 1_776.jpg
    1_776.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 2_139.jpg
    2_139.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 3_119.jpg
    3_119.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 102
revhtree said:
Your tank is a little young, and kinda small for an anemone
Very true!

How long have you had the Sebae?, it is well on it's way to being bleached. I will warn you though, it does not look good for it's recovery.

How was it acclimated?
How is the tank chem?
Have you been feeding it/how often/with what?

Cheers
Steve

Please do not post multiple threads on the same topic. It makes it difficult to follow along. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

We have had the Sebae for about 3 weeks. I bought it from the LFS and have been feeding it little shrimp bits. My cleaner is currently trying to have a Sebae lunch.... do i need to remove it and put in somewhere else? maybe in my refugium?

~lee

w|z said:
do i need to remove it and put in somewhere else? maybe in my refugium?
Moving it at this point will most likely be the last life you see in it. I would instead suggest moving the shrimp. Anything irritating the anemone will just make matters worse.

All I can suggest you do at this point is a few good water changes with well aged/aerated SW to be sure the water specs are as above par as possible. If you run carbon, swap out for new or add some if you do not use it.

At this stage of it's deterioration there is little direct intervension that will result in anything positive. Just be watchful and if it gets worse be ready to remove it permanently. :(

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom