Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by huizheng1988 View Post

mouth can be open or close, nothing indicative of anything. but why is it on the side?
Not sure. I keep trying to prop it up but he's not fully sticking to the rock yet.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evster View Post
Not sure. I keep trying to prop it up but he's not fully sticking to the rock yet.
if that's the case. your nem is most likely sick as nems are just like any animal out there since lying on the side is an indication of weakness somewhere, or it could just be readjusting to the new environment. i would give it a day or two to find out. i would keep your fingers crossed.

i have just gotten a gbta two months ago and perodically it does shrivel up or with mouth wide open, but it returns back to normal the next day. also whether it's wide open or shriveled up, it always grab onto something. i had it one time upside down because it liked the location underneath a "cave structure", but the foot is firmly attached to the live rock. i have not seen it fallen down, "face-planting", like in your case

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com