sick bicolor angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donna1b

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have this fish for about 5 days now...was doin good...last night went betweeb rock,and tried to go through a hole ,i think smaller than him...and i think he scraped some of his gills of his body on both sides of him....it looks like it is just faded...no sores or anything....he was lying on the bottom,breathing heavy. i just put him into a 10 gallon quar. tank...i also have a blue damsel in the tank(i had to take out cause he was beating my other small fish) but the angel i have in there too, i have in a breeder net so the damsel cant get him....i dont know what to do for the angel fish?

Stress coat will help the slime coat for the angel. I helped rescue a tomato clown it took us nearly an hour and a half to get the rock broken so we could free it, without killing it. The fish looked pretty bad and all my friend did was put some stress coat in the tank. He doesn't have a hospital tank so he had to keep it in his tank. Now all you can see is a few scares up around the head.

50% water change daily in the qt tank will help, but if the animals is severely battered or has actual lesions you can add nitrofurazone or other anti-bacterial medication.

Back
Top Bottom