Sick Blenny in QT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MSU Fan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am not really sure that he is sick, but here goes - I set up a 10g QT for my blenny when I got him. I had a fluval 404 hooked up the main tank, so I pulled media out of there and put it into a Aquaclear 20 HOB filter. Right now, I also have a small pump in the tank for additional circulation.

Testing as of 15 minutes ago -

PH 7.8
KH 11 (the main tank is usually 8-9)
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
SG 1.028

He seems to be gasping a lot to breathe. 2 days ago he had 2 large white protrusions (for lack of a better term) on his nose that aren't there now. I have seen ick before, and I looked at a lot of pictures of marine ick online, and this is not ick according to anything I have seen or read.

He was eating fine yesterday, but today he is ignoring the food we put in there. I plan to reduce the Sg through a PWC. Any other thoughts on what this could be, and what we can do??? TIA

MSU Fan said:
SG 1.028

I plan to reduce the Sg through a PWC.

This is a good thing to do I would try to get the salinity to around 1.022-23. The higher the salinity the less oxygen in the tank. I would also do frequent PWC`s to make sure of excellent water conditions.

Back
Top Bottom