sick blue carpet anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

delpro

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
purchased luvly blue carpet ,all seemed well.Has stayed in spot on substrate fully opened he firstfew days it seems to close...shrink..and has even almost turned itself inside out....colors are still vivid...have baster fed him mysis..brine..in a mix of dt plankton in tank water....is he in trouble??? tank is 40gal ecosystem driven,130 watts of compact 65w actinic and 65 10k..sal.023..0 nitrate..0 nitrite...0ammo..all other life is fine...please help...has now been in tank 7 days

yes does repond but seems odd....no sure if this is normal? thank you

I would think if it is eating the food, happy where it is at (shown by not roaming), and still has good color, you are ok...sometimes they act really weird when they are expelling waste, maybe it has eaten quite well and that is what it is doing.

I am by far from an expert, just have one anemone (carpet) myself. I am just going by my experiences.

I'm somewhat of a newbie, so take my opinion how you will. For a blue-carpet anenome, I would splurge on upgrading to more than 130W lights. I think you should double the wattage at quickly as possible. Do you use strontium and iron supplements?

Back
Top Bottom