Sick Blue Jaw Trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeter22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Bluejaw Trigger. I got him end of January. He's been a very personal fish until 2 weeks ago. He was eating (Rod's Food) when I noticed he had a piece of food that he couldn't spit out. The piece looked like a stringy grisly piece. He flashed around the tank going forward and backward trying to get in out of his mouth. He finally got it to release but he had swam straight into the glass cover. It made a huge noise. He seemed fine.
After that experience I observed a couple times when he would eat, he would do a little seizure thing. A week ago last Sunday he began to hide in a decorative jug that he has claimed his. He would look out at the rest of the fish and at me. Only time when he would come out, it was only to feed. Last Thursday night was the last time he came out to eat. Since then he lays at the bottom of the jug or wedges into the neck of the jug. Last Saturday my LFS advised me to put coopersafe in, thinking it has to be some sort of parasite.
He's not showing any progress. His eyes aren't cloudy &no white spots on his body. He is still breathing, not laboring to breath as he had been before last Saturday. I'm not sure what to do. I test the water every other day and have my LFS test my water once a week. Water tests were all good.
Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom