Sick Blue Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Blue tang has developed what appears to be glass eye and now some kind of rash or infection on his side. It looks like a human does when they skin their knee. What do you guys think it is? Is it contagious? Deadly? What can I do?

Keep an eye on the two tangs for aggression but I doubt that'd be the cause. Watch where the blue sleeps at night. They have a habit of wedging themselves between things in order to hide at night. More than likely that's where the injury has occured.

I would suggest a few large water changes over the next week and be sure the foods are fortified with a good vitamin high in [acronym="Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acid"]HUFA[/acronym]. Chances are good it will heal well enough on it's own as long as the water specs remain good.

Cheers
Steve

I'm no expert by any stretch, and someone else may say I'm all wet :D , but my Yellow Tang murdered my Blue Tang. Watch to see if the Yellow appears to be rubbing up against the Blue. Apparently, the Yellow has a barb in its tail that he can use to attack others. Keep an eye on that one!!

Back
Top Bottom