sick bubble coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I don't know what I am doing wrong, but this happened to the first bubble coral i bought...who still looks like he is barely holding on...seriously. I thought it was do to a water change that happened to be a few degrees off (2 or 3)...big mistake...lost my starfish and emarld crab and a fish. I also changed about 80 percent of the water, another big mistake. My ph was off for awhile, but the coral still had skin. So I tried again once everything was normal. I bought another smaller one, and now its mouth??? is gapping open and he's not all milky white anymore. Still has bubbles and they do fill out. But he doesn't look the same as when I bought him. Everything tests out normal...even calcium. Is this normal???

what kind of lighting do you have? Can you give some more info on the tank. Equipment, water perramiters, salinity, stuff like that.

my salinty is ... o my i just checked it 2 days ago and it was 1.023 and now it's 1.028...thats way too high right? I don't understand all I did was acclimate another coral and replace the water I took out with salt water....wasn't that what I was sopposed to do? the ph is at 8.2 and everthing else I have to wait to test...but it was all very normal 2 days ago (my daughter broke the glass tube yesterday, but I have strips coming tommorrow morning). I have a 96 watt pc and a 130 watt pc.

you need to lower your salinity to 1.025. And check your ammonia, nitrate and nitrite. Then go from there. When is the last time you did a water change

How long has the tank been up & running?
How much LR & LS do you have?
Lastly, what kind of water movement do you have going (powerheads, pumps, sump/fuge, etc.)?

I have 65 lb's of live rock, no live sand just regular sand, two ph's no wet dry, 330 peguin bio-wheel and the filter w/ the round thing w/ carbon I'd have to ask my husband, it dosen't say and of course a skimmer. No sump. I WILL have a wet dry and pump and all that stuff this weekend though (hopefully) it comes w/ the new tank we are getting. Have I been misinformed about what I needed?

What are you feeding your bubble? What else do you have in your tank? Like how many fish or other corals. Is there any way to get a picture of your bubble?

I am feeding him photoplankton..there is one other bubble coral (who is just as bad) and a frag of starburst polyps which are doing extremely well. I have two pictures (can't get it real clear though) how do i attach them?

my hubby just got home he said that the nitrates are up (40) because we have the filters off (treating the tank right now) so we are turning them on now. I had put med's in for that w/ no success...turning them on now.

Ok, you had said that one of the bubbles had a mouth, they need to be fed food,we feed ours small pieces of krill every other night, we do it at night just after the lights go off, we soak the krill in a vitamin forumla called Zoe

Back
Top Bottom