Sick bubble coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moneymike1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok guys I have no clue what is wrong with my new bubble coral. He bubbled up for a couple days and now all I can see is skeleton besides a couple bubbles. Tank params are perfect. I'm running AI vega lights. Do they stay closed if they get to much light? He is in low flow area as well. It was under T5 lighting at the store.

I don't know what the acclimate it to. I'm running all the lights at 30 percent acclimation And all colors at 40 percent. The lights are 15 inchs from the surface. It's on the very bottom of the tank. I just don't want to turn them to low because of my anemone.

Try moving it to a different spot and let it be for a bit see if it comes out. When ya move also make sure to hold it upside down so the bubbles don't get ripped on the skeleton in transport. They can be fairly finicky about placement. Medium to low flow and not in direct light. Mine is at the back left corner of my rock work. Not good for frontal viewing but it loves the little bit of shade and lighter flow.

Thanks a lot crystal. I turned my PH off to see if it was flow and I think that's what it is! I will have to find a spot for him in the tank after he heals up. I didn't know that about moving him upside down so a couple bubbles are ripped!

Here are some pics of placement in my tank. I have both my LPS placed at the end of the flow cycle. I have metal halide lights and the bubble and frogspawn are approx 13-15in away from the light. I hope yours pulls threw with the rips in it. Moving it upside down was one of the first things the lady at the fish store told me and I'm glad she did. I go to her a lot when I have questions. :)

Attachments

• image-2962912914.jpg
    image-2962912914.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 93
  • image-4071248181.jpg
    image-4071248181.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 90
Went to the LFS and got some advice. With your advice and theirs he is looking a lot better! Thanks so much for your help! Your tank is amazing! I'm hoping mine looks just as good!

Sounds good. Lights have gone out for the day I will have to post in the morning. Unfortunately I was new to the lights so I kind of bleached the corals I prev had. Any methods of getting the corals back to great shape?

Good water parameters, consistent water changes will help that. Also good lighting most feed on light.

Back
Top Bottom