Sick clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lardarse

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would just like to know what I'm dealing with? Brook? White spot? And how to treat, I can set up a QT fairly sharpish, but from what I've read id need to treat all my fish as it's pointless treating just the one? Don't really fancy trying to catch a six line, purple dart (stays in a hole) etc etc. I've just finished a course of oodinex as advised by my LFS but doesn't appear to have worked :(, thankfully have suffered no I'll effects to corals from this treatment but back to square one. Have already lost one clown to this would be a shame to lose this one too :'(. My tang seems to be brushing itself on the LR so I'm assuming it's witenagemot spot.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image-1137281420.jpg
    image-1137281420.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3636533627.jpg
    image-3636533627.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 55
  • image-1178237513.jpg
    image-1178237513.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 58
  • image-2877077952.jpg
    image-2877077952.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 63
  • image-1033738439.jpg
    image-1033738439.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 69
Just found the sticky with the q's to answer.

1. How long have you had the fish? Do you know if it was wild caught, or tank raised? 1week, wild caught I suspect
2. How long has the fish been in the tank? What are the tank mates? Any aggression? Yellow tang, six line, purple dart, yellow watchman yellow coral goby 3 chromis......no aggression at all
3. Is the fish eating? If so what does it eat? yes, mysis, cyclops, garlic brine, formula one....and various other stuff I find.
4. What are the water parameters? pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, SPG? (actual numbers please: posting high, average or normal is not helpful) What saltwater test kit are you using? ph8 ammonia 0, nitrate 5, nitrite 0, spg 1.025 Hagen nutrafin master kit
5. Is the fish showing any physical signs of disease, grain of salt size spots, discoloration, ragged fins, misting or spots on the fins, cuts, cloudy eyes, etc? ....see pictures, White spots sorta dandruffy, nips on front left fin were then when I got him and don't seem to be any worse than then.
6. Is the fish "flashing" (scratching or rubbing on rocks, decorations or substrate)? nope, acting quite normal, seems to be in one spot swimming against the current but displaying all fins quite nicely
7. How is the fish acting? Is it swimming around, or just hovering in one spot or corner of the tank? as above
8. Did you use quarantine? If so for how long and did you have a need to treat for any ailments? Is it in qt now? Are you currently treating with any medication(s)? no...I know I should, will from now on, have bought the set up for it now so no excuse
9. Describe in detail how the fish was acclimated. Drip acclimation for about 40 mins
10. What size system? What type of filtration do you use? Do you have any live rock or sand? 155 Ltr 10kg live rock and 3"DSB
11. Do you use any additives? Have you used any sort of meds in the main tank. No additives, only thing is just finished a 3 day course of Oodinex , left skimmer and uv Off and took out carbon, added an air stone for oxygen, and left it that way for 2 days after oodinex course had finished.

Tank is way too small for your fish,Looks like ich,take em out and qt them.treat and leave tank empty for at least 8 weeks to kill off in the tank.

Copper treatment or

Decrease the salinity of the water (1.009-1.010). A low salinity environment will kill the parasite and is harmless for most fish. You should keep the low salinity for 2-3 weeks. If you use this method it is important not to raise the salinity too quickly once the treatment is done.

Thanks for the reply, the only fish I believe to be too big is the tang, but should be getting n upgrade in the next 2-3months.

I've done my reading on ich, but I'm not too sure it is, it doesn't seem to be that visible when the main lights are on but can only really be seen when the actinics are on, I would of thought that WS would be more prominent than it is? Could it be anything else? Brooklynella?.

My other fish seem fine.

Yes I think your right, I've just set up my qt tank, it's actual water volume is 50 litres, I've got a heater in there set to 75F, sg is 1.024, I've got a new fluval internal filter in there but have used filter media from my existing cannister, got an air stone going and a koralia nano pump, have I missed anything I need?

Im going to go to my LFS 1st thing in the morning to get the meds, any advice on what to get as this is the first time I've had to deal with this? I'm UK based so if anyone knows of some good UK products that would be great

Do I medicate the tank before I put the fish in or once it's in?

Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom