Sick clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ga1981

Aquarium Advice Freak
My clown is getting worst , is the disease call fin rot, or is something else?
Any help or solution please....
Fish store told me to use vita chem with frozen brine shrimp, but looks is not getting better...
The clown is eating normal and swimm normal,

image-732681151.jpg

Attachments

• image-109807841.jpg
    image-109807841.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 128
What exactly are the symptoms. I'm looking from a phone, so pics get fuzzy. I can see the bad fins. Additional vitamins can't hurt, so that is not bad. Brine is not very nutritional though.

Do you have other fish? How are they, if so?

Also, what are your water parameters? Fin issues are often bacterial, which is often water quality related. Antibiotics will help, but the cause needs to be addressed.

Yes are mates clown,

Water is normal, ph 8
Amm O
Nitrite O
Nitrate .5
Pho 0
Cal 480
Alk 10
The fish looks good, is eating well, swimming good, is just hiding from the other one which is the dominant one and looks a little fat, so was looking if is possible to be pregnant....got crabs,snail a starfish and coral and everything else looks great...
The story is that I got 2 clown abot a month ago,but the next day I realized that one of them was hurt so I took him back to the store and took them about 10 days to get me a new one,and this new clown is a little smaller then the one already in the tank, and a little pail in color

So, is the larger picking on the smaller? Could be damage from aggression and then possibly secondary infection. I'm not that experienced with clowns, maybe some others can help? The only two i ever had were fine together, so I never had to troubleshoot. I would QT the one with damaged fins and let it heal up. Keep the vitamins going, probably add an antibiotic too.

I will try....they are better now, the first week was the bad one

Back
Top Bottom