sick clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ftuti01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About a week ago my clown fish started swimming very quickly from the bottom of the tank to the surface almost jumping out. Then for about two days he just sat in the corner and was breathing very heavy. He seems to be back to normal and swimming around but I think he is blind. I tried to feed him and he misses the food. I've put a net right in front of him and he don't swim from it. Is there anything I can do for it? what would cause this? hes about 5 years old

Reef Perimeters

As of today these are my perimeters....

9/11/2013
Ammonia 0 PH 8 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 10 Calcium 460 Phosphate 0 Silica 0 ALK 4 Salinity 1.022
I have one clown fish which I had for five years and I also have a purple firefish.
I have a 70 w k2 viper and its a 12 gallon nano.

My corals are not doing well, they just wont open.
Of course I believe the clown fish is blind.

Can you give me any suggests from this information.

Have you introduced anything new into the tank recently? Used a different source of water? anything like that? Have you tried doing multiple large water changes? I really don't know just throwing out some ideas.

Salinity is a little low, but other than that everything looks good. However API Nitrate test kits are netorious for giving a low reading if you don't shake the living bejesus outta the second bottle. I mean, try to shake the colour off the bottle label until your arm hurts, swap arms and continue. Nitrate could be higher if your not doing that.

ok ill try that lol

Also in the last chamber in the back of my nano the water get stagnet ...is it ok to throw in an air stone...Ive heard people say you shouldnt put airstones in a saltwater tank.

Back
Top Bottom