Sick Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today I discovered one of my clown's right eye is turing white. Is he getting blind??? Any idea what causes this? He still acts fine as usual but just the eye that I am concern about. He is eating well and my water parameters are all perfect.

Though I just added 3 green chromis about a week ago and I have had the clown for 6 months and nothing like this happen untill I added the chromis. I have never seen any aggression or fighting going on at all. Anyone can help me? Thanks and very much appreciated.

Where the chromis QT'd first?
What are perfect water parameters?

Usually this kind of "one eye" problem is an injury of some sort. Several large (20%+) water changes over the next few days will often clear it up. MAke sure the water iss well aged/aerated a day ahead first though. Watch other fish for possible aggressive behavior as well. Does the clown have a mate or is it solo?

Cheers
Steve

Yeah it has a mate and I just discovered he is attacking or chasing her so may be that is the reason. Also just a note this clown has recently started to host on my torch coral 1 month ago and she always rub herself against the torch coral with her right side at night or even sit on the sand bed leaning her right side against the torch coral could this be the reason but I thought clowns are not affected by corals' sting???

weekf said:
this clown has recently started to host on my torch coral 1 month ago and she always rub herself against the torch coral with her right side at night or even sit on the sand bed leaning her right side against the torch coral could this be the reason but I thought clowns are not affected by corals' sting???
Usually the worst you'll see as a result of nematocysts from corals is what's refered to as melanism. Basically, black/brown blotch's of discoloration. What could have happened though is the fish has injured itself on the corallites. They can be rather sharp.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom