Sick Clown/Damsel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmb4516

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a clown and a damsel that both appear to have velvet. I have a QT set up for them, but after I added the copper and some melafix, the aquarium smells like bad medicine. I added everything exactly the wat it said to in the instructions, and I wanted to make sure this was natural before I put my fish in there.

They are both eating fine, but they are starting to look fairly under the weather. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Those are the only two fish in my 65g aquarium. I also have an anemone that seems to be as happy as can be, he's almost twice the size I got him two weeks ago (at the same time as the clown).

the aquarium smells like bad medicine

The melafix will have a strong odor to it, I am not sure what the interaction between the two might be, but I wouldn't use them together unless the melafix says specifically it can be used with the type of copper your using.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Your main tank will need to remain free of fish for a period of 4 weeks, before you can put the fish back in.

Back
Top Bottom