Here is some more info:
1. How long have you had the fish? Do you know if it was wild caught, or tank raised?
I've had him for 10 months or so?
2. How long has the fish been in the tank? What are the tank mates? Any aggression?
By himself, no issues.
3. Is the fish eating? If so what does it eat?
Mixture of cuttle fish, squid, octopus, mysis shrimp and dried flake. He was eating before I posted this.
4. What are the water parameters? pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, SPG? (actual numbers please: posting high, average or normal is not helpful) What saltwater test kit are you using?
I'll have to test the water.
5. Is the fish showing any physical signs of disease, grain of salt size spots, discoloration, ragged fins, misting or spots on the fins, cuts, cloudy eyes, etc?
Yes, see original post.
6. Is the fish "flashing" (scratching or rubbing on rocks, decorations or substrate)?
7. How is the fish acting? Is it swimming around, or just hovering in one spot or corner of the tank?
Hovering in one spot, near the back of the tank. Odd behavior for it.
8. Did you use quarantine? If so for how long and did you have a need to treat for any ailments? Is it in qt now? Are you currently treating with any medication(s)?
No to all.
9. Describe in detail how the fish was acclimated.
When I had him, I normalized the temperatures and slowly added water from my tank to the bag he was in.
10. What size system? What type of filtration do you use? Do you have any live rock or sand?
10 Gallon tank with live rock.
11. Do you use any additives? Have you used any sort of meds in the main tank?
About 2 months ago I had an outbreak of green string algae. I used some type of anti-green algae chemicals (a small white powder) and that cleaned up the tank, but everything else for the most part was ok.
"What scares the heck out of me is how stupid people are out-breeding the smart ones."