Sick clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dk638

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm new to the forum, my tank is 1 month old finished cycle and added two black clowns a peppermint shrimp and 3 turbo snails. 46 gallon bow with 30 lbs. live rock. Clownfish seemed to be paired when I purchased them. I put them in tank 1 week ago. First 5 days were fine even slept in sand together! The last 2 days the female will not eat and seems to be keeping her distance kind of swimming in place uninterested in food or the other clown. Her color also seems to be a little faded. Water parameters test fine amm 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10, calcium 480. Can anyone help me I don't know wether to start some form of treatment or wait it out a few days. Also the other clown looks fine. Thanks

I also upgraded my light on fri. But I didn't think that would have anything to do with it.

Here are some pics, anyone?

Attachments

• image-4114604921.jpg
    image-4114604921.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2661700892.jpg
    image-2661700892.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 98
Are you sure it's fading on her sides and not ich? The fading looks to have some texture and is not even?

I'm not sure that's why I'm here but it doesn't look like specs or spots just general coating or fading

Right now lights are off and she's in the corner of the tank with my other clown looking like a pair again. I'm concerned about not eating for almost three days I'm gonna try a pellet food tomorrow. I've been feeding frozen mysis and flake

Have you tried coaxing her to feed with a garlic supplement to dip the food in? I've also had some decent amount of luck using frozen peas (1 or 2) to get my blue tang to eat. It works as a natural laxative on fish it seems.

I crushed some garlic today and rubbed some flake in it no luck. I'll go to lfs tomorrow and get some garlic supplement , do you just drop the peas in or crush them up first? I'd like to try that also.

I usually haven't had to crush the pea. The fish usually went for it. I've only had to do this with finicky tangs. Everything else ate frozen mysis, pellets, flakes, or homemade food pretty quickly.

I keep all my new fish in a small in-tank breeder net and make sure they accept food for a few days before I introduce them to my DT. I've got a 125g and it's a pain to find a fish I know isn't eating.

Back
Top Bottom