Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sick clownfish? :(

I have an ocellaris clownfish and for the past two days he hasnt been swimming as strongly. I got my water checked and my nitrates were high but after water changes I have gotten them back down. He sort if lies on the sand against the glass. He is eating normally, but can act a bit crazy when its feeding time. Any suggestions?
Sincerly, Newbie

Ztirf954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Sic clown

I would not worrie till he does not eat maybe he just needs a friend to perk him up is their anything visible on him?

poseidon714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
First thing is to look for any visible signs of distress, such as white spots or cloudiness to his skin, which could indicate ich, marine velvet, or a problem with the slime coat. Also, watch for behavioral issues such as clamped fins, excessive rubbing on hard surfaces (not to be confused with normal clownfish snuggling behavior). Is he plump, or thin?
Odds are, he is simply stressed from the move and will perk up, especially if he is eating well and actively chasing food.
On that note, what are you feeding? A varied diet is always best.
Also, assuming you only have one, if it isn't female yet, it likely will be soon.
Someone stop me! Please! But... not just yet...
55 Gal Tropical FW
55 Gal Mixed Reef
MacDracor is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, clownfish, ick, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com