Sick clownfish? :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ztirf954

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an ocellaris clownfish and for the past two days he hasnt been swimming as strongly. I got my water checked and my nitrates were high but after water changes I have gotten them back down. He sort if lies on the sand against the glass. He is eating normally, but can act a bit crazy when its feeding time. Any suggestions?
Sincerly, Newbie

Sic clown

I would not worrie till he does not eat maybe he just needs a friend to perk him up is their anything visible on him?

First thing is to look for any visible signs of distress, such as white spots or cloudiness to his skin, which could indicate ich, marine velvet, or a problem with the slime coat. Also, watch for behavioral issues such as clamped fins, excessive rubbing on hard surfaces (not to be confused with normal clownfish snuggling behavior). Is he plump, or thin?
Odds are, he is simply stressed from the move and will perk up, especially if he is eating well and actively chasing food.
On that note, what are you feeding? A varied diet is always best.
Also, assuming you only have one, if it isn't female yet, it likely will be soon.

Back
Top Bottom