Sick Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nyghtone

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to find out what's wrong with my clownfish. I have two, one looks totally healthy, the other, the smaller one, looks very sick, he was fine yesterday. I spend about 10 minutes every night sitting and watching my tank, and tonight I just realized that my smaller clownfish is sick. He's got some small white spots above his eyes, and on his dorsal fin, his stomach is totally bulged, and appears black under the skin, and he's got stringy poop hangin out his butt . Anyone have any ideas?

I got them both about six months ago now as babies, and I'd hate to loose one cause I think they are pairing up, one has gotten much larger than the other, but who knows.

Any thoughts would be greatly appriciated.

Joshua...

The bulge could suggest a parasite as well as the stringy waste. The white spots sound like ich. I'm not for sure though.

If you have a qt; it might be a good idea to move him there.

I have never seen marine ich before, but these white spots dont' look anything like freshwater ich, they look more like isolated fungi spots or something. except that they don't look external, it looks more like white coming from under the skin, and it's only on the fins, I've never seen anything like it before.

Joshua...

Sounds like an internal parasite. You should QT and treat with Metronidazole.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom