Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-03-2004, 01:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Sick Clownfish? Maybe?

I added some more cleaner crew and 2 ricordia polyps to the tank yesterday. All seemed very well. This morning, my clowns were acting weird, almost as if they were blind. They were gently bumping into rocks as if they didn't see where they were going. Then one decided to go sit on the sand. Well, I had turned down the water flow a tad last night for the shrooms, so I hurriedly turned it back up. They seemed better after a few minutes, and now that I'm home on a lunch break, they're acting normal and they just ate like the hogs they are. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this, or maybe the O2 level just got low from the diminished flow? Thanks!

125gal, 55gal sump
Ammonia - 0, Nitrite - 0, Nitrate - <2ppm
Ca - 450ppm

125 gallon saltwater: 55gal sump, 4 Blue-Green Chromis, Purple Tang, True Perc, Firefish, Royal Gramma, 5 Ricordea, Bubble Coral, 15 Pulsing Xenia, Green Star Polyps, Deresa clam, Green-Tip Torch Coral (about 11 "heads"!), Orange Montipora Cap, Purple M. Digitata, Green Slimer Acro. Yongei, 3 Orange M. Digitata, Pink&Green Acro. Millepora
dansemacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 02:59 PM   #2
What are your alk/pH levels and did the new additions come from a fish tank or invert only tank?

clown, clownfish, ick, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com