Sick clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfandshine77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 40 gal breeder with just two Ocellaris clowns in it and one of them is defiantly sick . I believe it has broklynella parasites. She has a white slime all over her body and she's rapidly breathing , staying in one spot and today was the first day she stopped eating. :( she's losing her color and she's going to die any minute it looks like but my other fish looks really healthy and is eating but I did notice a little spot of slime on his fin which means he probably Is infected too :/ I really don't want to lose both of them due to this stupid parasite. I gave the really infected one a freshwater dip for 3 minutes. She's starting to calm down from that now . But I didn't do the male .I've been feeding them frozen mysis shrimp and tropical flakes with garlic. I have diatom filter that I'm planning to hook up tonight which will remove the parasites from the water but I know that won't remove them from my fish . What can I do to save them ? Any medication suggestions or? Please help I don't want to lose them. They're beautiful fish and they have adorable personalities . Thank you for your time and help:)

Oh and I checked my water parameters - ammonia 0 , nitrite 0 , PH 7.8 , nitrate 10 , temp 75

Back
Top Bottom