Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-15-2004, 03:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sick clowns

My wife has a little tank with a regular perc. and a black one . I was being and idiot when I first got the black percula and didn't QT it. Well, it had ick and the little orange one got it to. I bought another tank and set it up as a QT tank (her tank has a few inverts in it). They have been there for about a week now and all of the ick is gone. They will stay in the qt for a minimum of 6 weeks. So, 1st problem (sort of) solved and a big lesson was learned.

Now for the next problem...... The black perc. has started to "defecate" in long strings that stay attached. I have read that this is caused by an internal parasite. If this is the case, what can be done to treat this problem?

The product I am using to treat the ick is not copper based. I can't find it online and I'm not at home to look on the bottle for what it is exactly, but I think it is quick cure (maybe not)...... The temp in the QT tank is also at a steady 85deg. Everything seems to be going well except for the "string feces"

Anyone have an idea of how to get rid of whatever the black one has?

Old 11-15-2004, 04:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
The black perc. has started to "defecate" in long strings that stay attached. I have read that this is caused by an internal parasite. If this is the case, what can be done to treat this problem?

Actually caused by over feeding for the most part.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 04:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

85 DEGREES 8O you may need to get that temp down to 78-80 IMO.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:18 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Actually for ich treatment 83-85 would be OK in fact good. It will accelerate the life cycle of the parasite helping with the erradication during the fallow period.
I agree this is not needed in the qt tank. The meds are enough. I would lower it to about 80 degrees.

Tags
clown, clowns, ick, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com