Sick coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linzo.w

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
recently, my salt levels have been low but not in a harmful way. I only have my small, soft coral in my tank as my fish died recently.
I had been instructed to put 2 tablespoons of Red Sea Salt into a litre of saltwater and slowly add it in over time to increase the salt levels.
I did as told and my coral didn't really respond well. It scrunched up and has been like that for a few days. If anyone knows if it will be ok that would be great!
Thank you
(Below are some images of what the coral usually looks like and what it looks like now.)
IMG_7879.jpg

IMG_7951.jpg

I would not be looking at salinity for this. Looking at all the algae and what not going on around the coral, compared to the first picture, is that you have parameter issues going on in your system. You will need to do large water changes and manual removal of the algae and cyano to get things in check, which will also assist you with raising your salinity to the desired level.

Just do PWC`s for now. Put your SW to be added at 1.32 and keep changing at or near that salinity level till it reaches the desired level.

Back
Top Bottom