Sick coral,please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ga1981

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got this last week,firs 2 days was doing well now look like this.
Any suggestion or can I save it?

image-58697492.jpg

Do you have any other corals how are they doing what lights do you have.

I'll have to echo Mr. X's question as I don't think it's a light issue.

Parameters and flow need to be answered

Just curious can you take a FTS? I just wanna see the entire tank.

Parameter are good ,

Have 2 nano power head 425 gph each
Also have torch,some leather 2 anemone cleaner shrimp,hermit crab snails....
Was on the bottom just moved yesterday after looked unhappy...

image-2058114570.jpg

image-1117224243.jpg

Parameter are good ,

Have 2 nano power head 425 gph each
Also have torch,some leather 2 anemone cleaner shrimp,hermit crab snails....
Was on the bottom just moved yesterday after looked unhappy...

I like to see numbers of all parameters. Not saying you don't know what your doing but IME I've seen too many people echo the words "my parameters are all good" then after getting numbers you find something.

Don't take it personal

Ya u right

Ph 8.2-8.4
Amm 0 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 40 ppm(that is what the API test kit say,but my LFS tested for me and was low than 5 ppm)
Phosphate 0.25
Kh 12* dkh
Calcium 540
I use API master and reef master test kit
Light have 4 t5 hi output (2 actinic and 2 10,000)
And a skimmer good for a 100 g tank
My tank is a 29 g
I use chemipure, just change 2 weeks ago

I'm a rookie here so I'm wanting to see what the experts say. I though nitrate was supposed to be close to 0 but I'm prob wrong.

No, had no film on it,

I suppose is just stressed out changing 3 thanks in a short period of time.....
I moved to the bottom again, pwc done(usally on sunday morning)just waiting what appen when the light are on...
Finger cross

After I did a routine pwc and moved back to the bottom,came back again, going to see how is going to do in the next few days....

Nitrate to 0 some people say is impossible,is that true?

There is only 1 way to get nitrates to 0. And it's not by doing pwc after pwc. That will only lower it by a small percentage. You need something to consume nitrates. Anaerobic bacteria in a reactor will do it well and so does plants and algae Preferably cheato in a sump. A skimmer of course helps PREVENT nitrates by removing the stuff before it converts. But it will never be 100% effective either, otherwise our live rock bacteria would not be required.
So if yours are building up, pwc will help slow it, and eventually what you remove will be what builds up since the last pwc but your remaining will be higher.

I highly doubt above zero nitrates are going to effect softies or leathers. Just as long as they aren't crazy high, you'll be ok.

I have to say since I been using ro/di water, the nitrate are close to 0....
I have a 29 g and even if I been told not to do pwc I still do a 10% every 2 weeks....
I do not have a refugium but I use a skimmer. I have to say that after a water change everything looks better..
My only mistake I think was to put crushed rock on the bottom, should went for live sand....

Back
Top Bottom