Sick Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stresco

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think that my new Chili, and Capnela are sick. The Capnela limp and laying to the side. The Chili is face down, he looks like a sniper victom. Will they be ok? Is there anything i can do to help them. Or should just leave them alone? Please tell me what to.

55gal, 10 gal sump\wetdry, 40lbs of LR, 15lbs of BR, 3" sand bed. 110wPC 8Hrd, 2x36WActinic and 1x36W10k t8s at 12Hrd, Magdrive 7pump, 170gph powerhead.

dKh 9.6, Ca 375, PH 8.0, AM 0, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 20, SG 1.023.

After testing, i added 15cc of B-Ionic Alk and 15cc of B-Ionic Ca.

Hey, thats kool. You set up a keyword search for known abbriviations, and add links to their definitions. Great Job! :onfire: (y) :onfire:

What king of flow are they in, are you feeding them, what kind of lighting is the Capnella under? The chili coral is non-photo synthetic and good flow, shaded area and target feeding might perk it up a bit. The Cpanella should appreciate a good flow and bright illumination. I think it is too early to say they are sick, just not happy with where they are at. If they have looked this way since Wed, you might want to move them to a new location and give them a couple of days to see how they respond.

There are both at the bottom of the tank (no shade) in moderate flow. I will move them to the top of the tank, in a little higher flow later (hands have been in that tank a lot the last few days). I will pick up some DT's today and direct feed in the morning.

I moved them. The Chili is in the right bottom of the tank and the Cap is in the top center. I saw som of the white tenticles on the chili flowing out like it was looking for food yesterday. The Cap is still sluping over to the side, but it did look like it was trying to perk up a little.

Back
Top Bottom